I was doing so well writing regularly...until my computer decided it would take a permanent vacation.  Of course it selected the best time to pick - right before two weekend courses (2 consecutive weekends packed full of 40 (total) intense hours of lecturing and learning) not to mention my other classes, my notes from earlier in the semester, posts I needed to write, and presentations for which I needed to prepare.  But, then again, do these things ever happen at a convenient time?

At any rate, that is all to let all two of my faithful readers know why I seemed to have disappeared over the last couple of weeks.  There has been a LOT that has happened. 

Here is a quick, brief run-down of the last few weeks' highlights:
- my first dining experience at Taco Cabana (accompanied by Chai, Jordan, James, and Wilson)
- three trips to Dallas - one for the Muse/U2 concert, one for a weekend course on the book of Job, one for the MuteMath concert
- I left Jaeden alone in my house while I went out of town...she was alone inside for almost 12 hours and I am pretty sure all she did was sleep (although I think she slept on my side of the bed...)
- I discovered Jaeden's love for candy corn...she goes nuts for it!
- the GST Talent Show which took place tonight
- my parents came into town for a few days.  it was wonderful visiting with them.  while they were here we went to several restaurants that are new in Abilene: Bonzai (mmm...sushi!), Little Italy (sausage calzone and stromboli!), and The Beehive (perhaps the best Filet Mignon I've ever had)
- I saw Law Abiding Citizen and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince last week
- Mom and Dad bought me a new computer - let's face it, it's difficult for a graduate student to make it without a laptop.  It's been really nice - it's an HP with Windows 7.
- at this point, my ears have been ringing for 24 hours since the MuteMath concert last night.  I enjoy their CDs, but they are amazing in concert!  I wonder when I should start being concerned about damage to my ear drums...

Well, there ya have it.  Certainly there are many things that have been left off the list or momentarily forgotten.  But, these are some of the highlights I could think of off the top of my head.

Now that we're caught up and I have a fully functioning laptop, let's get back on schedule, shall we?
0 Responses