Last week my brother Keith came all the way from Tennessee to visit me in Texas.  Well, he was primarily here to attend the Summit lectures...but we were able to spend some quality brother-sister time together.  Of course, we had to go to Rick & Carolyn's Burgers and Fries.  Why?  Because it is delicious.  And because we frequent(ed) it enough to know the owner who always asks me how Keith is doing.

Anyway, one of the great things about Rick & Carolyn's is you get free ice cream if you buy a combo.  While the previous day would have been perfect weather for an ice cream cone (95 degrees), the high had dropped to the mid 60s and I knew eating ice cream would be more painful than enjoyable for me.  However, Keith couldn't resist.  As he sat down with his ice cream cone, I realized another of my "things".

I hate biting into ice cream.  And, perhaps even more, I hate watching people bite ice cream.

If you're eating a cone, you lick it.  First, it last longer therefore you can enjoy it longer.  Second, it's a socially acceptable way to feel like a kid and it's important to take as many of those opportunities as you can.
If you're eating it with a spoon, you use your lips or tongue to get it off the spoon, not your teeth.

That's actually another  one of my "things"...I can't stand teeth on silverware.  Okay, "can't stand" is stating it a bit too strongly, but it has the same affect as hearing nails on a chalkboard.  *Shiver!*

Well, I suppose that's two for the price of one this week.  Lucky you!
0 Responses